CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Maggie the Artist



So, as most of you know, I'm learning to sew (taking a class at Tri-County) and just for the record, I LOVE it! I've made a pillow, pajama pants, a birthday dress for Sue, and I'm getting ready to work on some window treatments. I rearranged our upstairs to be compatible with all my messes that I see to create. My sewing/craft corner is now exactly that...a corner rather than the entire room. I brought Mama's sewing maching from Townville and although I was a little scared of it at first, I've started to figure it out. It's one of the old models that is actually attached to the cabinet, so it was a little difficult to figure it out Kimberly's (sewing teacher) help. While everyone else was lugging their machines into class every week, I wasn't because I would've had to bring the entire cabinet in. Hm.




So anyway, last Wednesday, it was Sue's 21st birthday. I was upstairs with Maggie racing to finish the dress that I was giving Sue for birthday. By the way, in the last post from the Zoo, Sue is actually wearing the dress so you'll have to check it out. So, I was sewing like a banshee and Maggie was playing. She had crawled behind me and was playing in my craft bins which isn't necessarily the smartest thing to let her do, right? I was checking on her, though, so she couldn't really get into anything. At that point, whatever would make her happy so I could sew was what I was going to let her do.




Things all of a sudden got very quiet. I turned around and this is what I saw:




At first, I was like "Oh my gosh!" and then I just looked at her grinning at me and I couldn't help but start laughing. It was a red marker, by the way, and a crayola one, so child safe for anyone who was worried.


I scooped her up and took her to her changing table. Honestly, this picture doesn't even do the mess justice. Red marker all over her legs, arms, in her hair, on her feet. I started scrubbing and realized I was only smearing it. Finally, I gave up, went back upstairs and dumped her in the bathtub. Everything came off except for the distinct bright pink color on her lips. She looked like she had bright pink lipstick on for the rest of the night. When I dumped her bath water, it was actually pink. Those are the things that will be fun to remember.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

The dress is super cute! Good job!

Anonymous said...

every girl has to try the 'classic red lipstick' look at least once in her lifetime :)