CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Attack of RSV

So, we've had a new visitor at our house this weekend. It goes by the initials, RSV, short for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (I actually just copied and pasted that...no way was I going to attempt spelling it). It is a seriously nasty little devil. Green snot, yucky cough, high fever, unhappy little Maggie over all. She has been truly pitiful and has spent the majority of the past few days on our laps. Took her to the Dr. Saturday morning and basically just confirmed everything we had already self-diagnosed off the internet (for a small fee of $100, 20 minutes later). It did make me feel better to know that her lungs/ears all looked and sounded good, though. Supposedly, the 4-6 days is the worst and it lasts a total of 10-14 days, so we're halfway there. Poor baby.

Her new words of the week are "Snots" (prounounced "noss") and "Splash" (prounounced "p-sash"). She gets so very upset when she has anything stuck on her hands. It can be food, dirt, imaginary particles, etc. This week, it's snot. She comes to me with her hand out saying in this pitiful voice, "Noss. Noss. Noss." I try not to laugh, but most of the time, I just can't help it. She is my favorite comedian.



0 comments: