CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

She's been getting around...


So, it's really amazing how in only a few weeks, Maggie has pretty much morphed from baby to toddler. Really. She is now crawling, eating solid food, and pulling herself up on things. Not to mention, she's little Miss Independent now. Tom and I are getting used to the new Maggie. The new Maggie likes to crawl around on one leg ("side crawler" as Tom says) and pick up everything she finds with her little finger (her "pinchers" as Tom says). I don't think I've ever kept my floor cleaner in our house. She will seriously find every little speck of anything and the next thing you know, she's eating it. She has so much hair now...I think it has grown a little more every morning when she gets up. And her newest thing is, after naptime, she crawls up to the corner of her crib that's closest to the door and waits on me to come get her (with a little yelling on her part) and then when I walk in, she grins at me through the bars and reaches her hands through, as if to say, "Please help me! Mommy...". We are also learning the meaning of "No!" Her new favorite prohibited item is the candle holder in the living room floor. A few days ago, she was crawling towards it and I said, "No, Maggie." She stopped, turned around, looked at me and grinned and then inched a little closer. I said it again and shen kept looking at me and finally gave up and went on to something else. Such an obedient child.

Motrin has been our friend lately. The molars are coming through and this past Friday, we went to see the pediatrician, Dr. Maddox and he said that she has a few just about ready to come on through. That's one thing that I'm thankful you forget by the time you grow up. Just watching her chew on her finger makes my gums hurt. But she loves Motrin and Tom and I have started calling it "Maggie Candy", which could prove to be a bad thing later on, I guess? When she really starts to think it's candy and then we'll have a little addict on our hands. Not good.
Here's a little picture story of all the things that have been happening:

Aunt Merrill visited me last week...


I had my first July 4th! And saw FIREWORKS!!!







1 comments:

Vanessa said...

Good to see your smiling face and all you've been up to lately. You are so beautiful!