CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rabbit Pellets

Maggie has a new trick, and this could definitely be one of the best so far.

In the mornings, it is routine for Tom to go get her out of her crib, change her diaper, come wake me up, and then go make her breakfast. Maggie loves this and has come to expect Tom as the face that pops in her room every morning. He's a much better morning face to pop in on her than I am, so this works out well. In the past several weeks, he's walked in several times to find her missing parts of her pajamas. Sometimes it's the tops. Sometimes the bottoms. It's always hilarious to see her standing there, holding on to the railing, grinning from ear to ear, and missing her clothes.

So, the other morning, I did the morning Maggie routine. Grandma Judy had put Mag to bed the night before and she was wearing her favorite leopard print pajamas. Tom had a dentist appt. on the Friday morning so he wasn't there. I walk in to find Maggie standing there grinning at me and I just busted out laughing. She had no pants on. Just little chicken legs wearing a leopard print pj top. So, I picked her up, went around opened the blinds and then went to the changing table. Only when I laid her down did I realize that she had no diaper on either. First thought, how in the heck did I not realize that after carrying her around the room? Second thought, I'm SO glad she didn't pee on me. Third thought, YUCK! Where is the diaper now? Went to the crib and found the diaper laying underneath a blanket with (pardon the graphic explanation) little rabbit poo-poo laying in it. I folded it up and put in the wonderful diaper champ, laughing the entire time. Sense of humor really helps in situations of a nasty nature like that one.

So, the day went on. Tom got home. I came back home (I had a dr. appt. too) and once again, we find ourselves in the nursery changing a diaper. While Tom was doing that, I started folding up her crib blankets and straightening her crib. All of a sudden, GROSSS! A little rabbit pellet had escaped the diaper and was attached to her blanket. I had to grab my camera and capture that fun memory. Gotta love Maggie...she never lets a boring day go by!
Look closely...Can you find the pellet escapee?






1 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh my, what fun! I am glad Matthan hasn't discovered that he is capable of taking his own diaper off. I'm afraid I would not be finding neat little pellets laying around but big huge globs instead - yuck!

Maggie looks absolutely adorable in that last picture - PRECIOUS!